Friday, July 26, 2019

Resilience is like....


A bank of tulsi in bloom and going to seed. 

Feeling resilient and persistent this morning. 
Calendula bloom
I awoke early and feeling wonky and unwell. Despite the physical discomfort and emotional weight of dreams of loss and fear, I chose positive attitude anyway.  The choice an accomplishment, for I so easily succumb to pain, allowing the physical sensitivity to subjugate emotional well-being. My work with nervous system supporting catnip and tulsi are supporting not only nervous system function, but also emotional wellness. Persistence. 


Pollinator on tulsi 
I moved slowly and steadily, with patience and compassion for self, through morning rituals: ablutions, tea making, animal tending, and the like. Centering myself with intention for each act. After a cup of lavender  catnip, jasmine green tea I reflected on my morning yoga. I chose, in the face of preference not to, to complete my yoga routine. As I stood facing the morning sun in the clear eastern sky, I thought about circulation and moving lymph as I moved through postures. Noticing the oak tree solid and simultaneously fluid in the wind, I thought’ about accepting emotion and self as I moved through the breath. 
Stretched and alert, I then felt well enough to walk the garden. I made a morning harvest of the bounty offered by tulsi and calendula. Conversed with the chamomile, whose leaves and flowers are still damp; therefore not suited to harvest for drying. I will revisit later, today maybe, or tomorrow, and harvest blooms. Chamomile does so much to support wellness. 


Chamomile blooms
I check in with myself, and acknowledge that today will be a day of little physical exertion, for my strength is low and my pain is high, yet I shall have a day of gratitude and creativity. I am proud that I am able to frame the day with positivity, possibility, acceptance, and wellness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 Making a supply of the "Maple Medicinal Mushroom Concoction" I learned how to prepare during my study in the " Herbal Immers...