Monday, July 22, 2019

Wellness is a Journey




Herbs are an aspect of a larger wellness journey I undertake. Wellness is an interconnected state of being involving physical aspects of movement, nutrition, rest;  mental aspects like thinking, relaxing, learning; emotional including experiencing, accepting, letting go emotions such as  laughing, crying and the myriad more;  and spiritual involving ritual, the sacred, connecting to the deep-self, awareness, presence and connection beyond self to the greater. Wellness also involves relationship to community, a good friend once said “humans are social creatures.” This morning I made many choices that support my wellness, immediate and long-term. I awoke after hours of restful sleep, did my yoga routine in the grass looking to the rising sun, I walked the yarden, weeded beds while the soil was soft from rain and air cool, harvested fresh vegetables and herbs to make nourishing meals today, made morning tea blend, in which I have reduced amount of caffeinated green tea by blending in catnip and lavender, and finally sat down on the porch to read and research. Today’s resources focused on managing my auto-immune condition by addressing and managing inflammation through intentional and aware food choices. July has been a struggle for me -lots of pain, which undermines my strength to get moving and make nourishing meals, the lack of which exacerbates the symptoms (the familiar vivacious circle). So I am pleased to have made nourishing meals and wellness-supporting choices the previous two days. 
I revisited my library and pulled out some relevant books for a re-acquainting. Reviewing and comparing what various sources have to say helps me make informed choices. I think critically about what I read, compare it to what I have learned and to my personal experience, then I draw conclusions. From the conclusions, I form plans, take action, record results and revisit my conclusions to revise based on the data. 

I also remind myself, that wellness is an ongoing journey, intricate and multi-faceted. 

So don’t be discouraged. Even though wellness is an ongoing journey, each step matters. Even though wellness is multi-faceted, facets can be addressed individually. It is okay to make small choices. There is not judgement, only support. BeWell, in your way, you deserve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Making a supply of the "Maple Medicinal Mushroom Concoction" I learned how to prepare during my study in the " Herbal Immers...