Monday, October 7, 2019

Wish List


Autumn invigorates me  profoundly, yet in a different way than spring. I am busy each day harvesting plant material, from root to seed and most everything in between. The daily labor intensive task of seed saving awakens a wish for seed sorting trays. The trays would simply matters immensely and save time. Perhaps by next growing season I shall have obtained a set.  https://strictlymedicinalseeds.com/product/stainless-steel-and-cedar-seed-cleaning-screens-set-of-8/

I am getting much use out of my thrift store procures dehydrator. I do wish it had a temperature setting, though. Some material requires a lower temperature, lest constituents be lost in the process. Other, denser items, like some roots, do well with a slightly elevated temperature. My dehydrator operates only in 'on' or 'off' options, and I do not know at what temperature it dries. So, on my wish list goes a temperature setting dehydrator.

If dreaming, why not dream big -
     https://www.homedepot.com/p/Tribest-Sedona-Express-11-Tray-Black-Stainless-Steel-Food-Dehdyrator-with-Built-In-Timer-SDE-S6780-B/206351099 


Though for a similar price is this large model:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Weston-Pro-2400-24-Tray-Black-Food-Dehydrator-with-Temperature-Control-28-0501-W/304105507

Perhaps a more realistic option for now, given the cost, is this smaller, plastic tray model.

The final item on todays wish list is a greenhouse for seed starting and plant propagating over the winter. I have dreamed of having a greenhouse of my own for 25 years. Someday, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Making a supply of the "Maple Medicinal Mushroom Concoction" I learned how to prepare during my study in the " Herbal Immers...